Water Fountains have been located in many major cities for centuries. Earlier in the 17th-18th centuries, these fountains were decorated by the statues of heroes and animals. During ancient periods fountains were used as a water source to wash, bathe and drink. Not only this but the people also have religious values for them. But later on, after the development of pipelines water reached home and all the purposes got fulfilled from home which made the fountains just a tourist attraction and nothing else. As a tourist attraction, it keeps on developing and resulted in the outcome of the Digital water fountain.
Digital Water fountains (Musical fountain)
he development era leading civilization led to the development of fountains too. These fountains are integrated with Lights and Music by making use of DMX Technologies and different fountain equipment. As they are now solely for the purpose of Entertainment and Recreation.
It is a communication protocol that is most commonly used for generating various light effects wherever needed. It was created in 1986. It was intended as a standard method for controlling Light.
Pros of Digital Water Fountain using DMX tech
- The DMX technology adds some more taste in the old flavor of jumping jets (Fountain). As now the Water Fountains are used solely for entertainment and relaxation. So this DMX tech takes it two steps forward from a fountain by adding intelligent Lights, Graphical Waterfall and Music.
- The DMX technologies used in digital fountains are energy efficient. It makes use of digital signals which make it easier to operate many lights using a single Laptop or such other devices.
- This technology makes it possible to write anything on the fountain by means of water screen projection due to which many brands use them to attract people to the Digital Water Fountain and hence to the brand too. DMX tech has become the norm in commercial lighting for a reason.
- A lot of customization is made available in the Digital water fountain by using DMX technology. Since it is a programmable technology. The exciting part is that we’re really only beginning to see its potential for such further use.156
Cons of Digital Water Fountain using DMX tech
- As the Digital water fountain uses DMX tech hence it makes use of several musical fountain equipment (Cables, Dimmers, Pumps, etc) involved in this technology which require regular maintenance.
- It needs some prerequisites (Programming and Customization) to be fulfilled prior to presentation.
- It is costly because the cheaper lights don’t have DMX control due to which it cannot be integrated with the DMX program.
- Digital water fountains with DMX technology require a skilled person(Aware of DMX technology) during the runtime with it for its handling and other issues.
- Energy consumption is higher when we use a larger Digital Water Curtain or fountain.
The Digital Water Fountain using DMX technology has its own pros and cons. But if we look on its positive side then it can be an attractive visiting spot with Brand advertisements which will lead to people’s entertainment(As it provides mental relaxation) and brand’s profit.